Debit cards accepted online
Our unique online payment portal makes transferring money online quick and easy. You simply upload your transfer instruction on our website and while doing so, you select one of two payment methods (you have to pay us so we can pay your recipient). You can either transfer your funds to us via internet banking or you can simply charge your card online whilst uploading your payment.
The rate you see is the rate you get:
Debit card money transfers are by far the quickest, easiest and most hassle-free way to transfer money online. Not only does using your card online speed up your transfer, but we also have a policy whereby the rate you see is the rate you get.
It’s quite straight forward really; when you use your debit card to transfer your money online, the exchange rate seen at the time you upload your transfer will be secured. Which means…you always know how much you are getting.
How it works:
- When using your debit card online, you basically charge your card yourself. The funds leave your account and clear into the 1st Contact account immediately, and we lock in your quoted exchange rate for you.
- The exchange rate quoted when you submit your transfer will be secured. The rate you see is the rate you get.
- Debit cards transfers uploaded before 12 noon GMT (on working days only) will be processed the very same day and the relevant funds will clear in recipient account within 1 – 3 working days.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your transfer has been processed.
Using your card also requires fewer steps from your side, therefore truly making it the most hassle-free way to transfer your money online.
Security you can rely on:
All online card payments are supported and protected by Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code. Click here to read more about this security feature.
The exchange rate displayed when you submit your transfer will be the actual rate secured if the following terms are met:
- Your account has been activated and you have received a confirmation email stating this.
- The debit card is valid, in your name and has been used on our website successfully.
- When transferring an amount of £10,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) or more, or £30,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) in a 12 month rolling period, 1st Contact Forex needs to receive proof of “source of funds” as prescribed by HMRC’s Anti-money laundering regulations. In these cases 1st Contact can only secure you an exchange rate when we receive your documentation. Click here to find out about the advantages of sending larger amounts and the relevant documents required.
- 1st Contact reserves the right to amend rates at their discretion in line with the market movements, when the transfer is uploaded outside office hours (8am – 5pm (GMT), Monday to Friday - excluding Bank holidays). This is only done under extreme circumstances.